- updated : Mar 13, 2021
● Founded in 1989 by Hispanic entrepreneurs, the NSA is a trade association representing the interest of independent supermarket owners in New York and other urban cities on the East Coast, the Mid-Atlantic region, and Florida.
● The association provides its members with representation in both the public and private sectors and advocates for issues that affect the entire supermarket industry.
● Current members represent approximately more than 600 supermarkets.
● Most of the members are of Hispanic descent and their stores are located in strategic locations for the target consumer.
● Members annual transaction figures total in the billions.